SHIRLEY ASSOCIATES HAS BEEN THE LEADING NON-PROFIT EXECUTIVE SEARCH FIRM IN LOS ANGELES SINCE IT WAS FOUNDED IN 1998
Our clients include social service agencies, private schools, universities, libraries, museums, performing arts institutions, foundations, international aid, human rights and environmental agencies. We work for every cause. We have developed a range of non-profit staffing services designed to meet every budget and time constraint. We are also the only non-profit recruitment firm to host an autonomous job board.
OUR EXECUTIVE SEARCH SERVICES
Shirley Associates' partners and principals have over 60 years of combined experience headhunting the top performers in the non-profit sector in the U.S. and Europe. Virtually all our business comes through referrals due to a time-honored methodology that gets results. We have placed hundreds of Executive Directors, Development Directors, Program Directors, Marketing Directors, CFOs, HR Directors and hundreds of senior executives and managers reporting to such functional leaders. Our search process follows a time-tested methodology that never fails to produce outstanding candidates.
The search process usually takes twelve weeks and involves us in the following steps:
- Meeting with your key stakeholders and senior management for an in-depth analysis of your needs, capabilities, and culture.
- Researching target organizations and potential candidates, including the rising stars from a diverse and inclusive pool of prospects.
- Sourcing opinion leaders and professionals who have relationships with potential candidates.
- In-depth phone and video screening of hundreds of potential candidates.
- Interviewing the best candidates face-to-face and providing you with in-depth reports on their suitability.
- Guiding you through the final interview logistics and candidate evaluation process.
- Checking the successful candidate's references in depth.
- Representing you in the job offer and salary negotiations.
CEO - THE EBELL OF LOS ANGELES
We placed Stacy Brightman as the new CEO of The Ebell of Los Angeles
CEO - VISUAL EFFECTS SOCIETY
We placed Nancy Ward as the new CEO of the Visual Effects Society
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS FOUNDATION
We placed Cara Shaffer as the new Development Director at the Constitutional Rights Foundation
CEO - OPTIMIST YOUTH HOMES
We placed Tod Sonsa as the CEO replacing a long standing Executive Director
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - MEALS ON WHEELS
We placed Veronica Dover as the CEO replacing the founding Executive Director
ELIZABETH ZAMORA - BRIGHT PROSPECTS
We placed Elizabeth Zamora as the Executive Director of Bright Prospects replacing a founding Executive Director
DEPUTY CIO - POMONA COLLEGE
We placed Janet Russel as the Deputy Chief Information Officer, Support and Instructional Services
MEET THE TEAM
Martin Shirley founded the U.S. arm of Shirley Associates in Los Angeles in 1998. Prior to launching his search practice, Martin was a search consultant with a leading international executive search firm based in Los Angeles, where he was responsible for recruiting CEO's, CFO's, CIO's, for international enterprises. Martin's prior experience in search includes co-founding Execucare, Europe's leading non-profit executive search firm and DeepSweep, a local nonprofit job board, DeepSweep.com
email us if you wish discuss our services or send us a resume